Friday, December 7, 2012

Autumn Reflection



                                    

  I adore the fall. This morning as I walked behind the garage at work, my steps became muffled and I realized that I was treading on a bed of amber, gold and rust colored leaves wet from the night’s heavy rain. The woods behind were silent except one sparrow chirping into the gray morning light. The trees are near bare now yet here and there a splash of color like oil on a canvas surprises … a small gift from a friend.
  The air smells of moist earth and frost escapes my mouth with each breath. Light dims and an aura of melancholy brings the blazing hearth to mind. The thought of a warm library full of musty books and overstuffed leather chairs bleeds into an awareness that this chill is like a bridge to imagination. 

No comments:

Post a Comment